Mesquite, NV Tough Country CrossFit
When you join Tough Country CrossFit in Mesquite, NV, you become part of a team. Our trainers are dedicated to help each member achieve their potential and maximize their fitness results. Check out this video to find out what CrossFit is all about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVrkiCoKkg
You will be training with friends and neighbors that will help motivate you and push you to achieve a level of fitness that you didn’t realize was possible. Mesquite Crossfit is fully equipped with Rogue Fitness Equipment,the leading equipment provider in the Crossfit industry.
CrossFit workouts are comprised of constantly varied functional movements (like pushing, pulling, squatting, lifting, running) executed at high intensity. The workouts themselves are completely scalable, which means that a new participant and a CrossFit veteran can complete the same workout with changes in load and intensity. CrossFit workouts will deliver phenomenal fitness in and of themselves or as a complement to your sport-specific training regime.
CrossFit is FUN! Our trainers and participants are welcoming, supportive, and committed to creating an environment where everyone can succeed.
At Tough Country CrossFit we will help you to improve your capacity in the 10 General Skills of Physical Fitness. They are:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance- the ability of the body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Muscular endurance- the ability of the muscles or muscle groups to sustain repeated contractions against a specific resistance for an extended period of time.
- Strength- the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force.
- Flexibility- the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power- the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed- the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination- the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility- the ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance- the ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy- the ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
What will Tough Country CrossFit provide?
- positive, inspirational, and motivational environment
- small group personal training
- individual coaching, attention, and goal-planning
- intense, effective workout programming
- nutritional education
- extremely effective fat/weight loss
- strength gains
- performance improvement across all physical domains
- knowledge to help YOU manage your health
Tough Country CrossFit Rules of Conduct
1. Show up early and stay late. Once you’ve finished the workout cheer on everyone else.
2. Introduce yourself to all newcomers. You are part of a team and you should know your teammates.
3. When you walk in the door you have entered a competition. If you want to meet your competitor there’s a mirror in the bathroom.
4. You can scream, swear, yell, cry, puke, grunt, bleed, or pass out, JUST DON’T QUIT!
5. Invite your friends and family to come work out. Being awesome should be shared with your loved ones.
6. Create goals for yourself, share them with us, and we’ll all celebrate together when you accomplish them.
7. Give 100%. Great results come from great effort. Don’t expect to get more out than you’re willing to put in.
8. Take care of yourself. CrossFit is not a miracle drug. You’re only here for an hour, what you do for the next 23 hours will have a huge impact on your results.
9. Leave your ego at the door. If you want to be better than someone, be better than you were yesterday.
10. If you have a question, ASK!
11. Do every rep with good form and full range of motion no matter how long it takes you to complete the workout.
12. “I saw the WOD on Facebook, and I’m not going” should never be a sentence that comes out of your mouth.
13. You have joined an awesome community, enjoy it, embrace it, and respect it.
14. Have Fun!!! Tell jokes, laugh, smile, and enjoy every moment. Life is good